Walk-in hours are reserved for quick advising questions, or questions about registration or policy. If you have many questions or need assistance on a more in-depth topic, you should schedule an advising appointment with an advisor in your department. This way, you can secure a 30 minute appointment and be sure you have the time you need to get your questions answered.
Center for Academic Success and Achievement
Walk-in hours for Spring 2019:
Wednesdays 9:00am - 11:00am
Thursdays 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Department Walk-In Hours
Scheduling/Registration assistance, updating Academic Plans, major specific questions
|Behavioral and Community Health||
Wednesdays 9am-11am & Thursdays 1pm-3pm (in CASA)
Tuesdays 10am-11am & Wednesdays 1pm-2pm
|Public Health Science||
Wednesdays 10am-12am & Thursdays 1pm-3pm
Live Chat: Tuesdays 10am-12pm & Wednesdays 2pm-4pm (online)
The School of Public Health Center for Academic Success and Achievement advises students in the following areas:
- General Advising (GenEd/CORE, graduation, etc.)
- Athlete Advising
- Academic Probation/Dismissal
- Prospective Students should come to walk-in advising and ask to speak with Amy Lintner.
Schedule an appointment with a CASA advisor. All appointments are held in SPH CASA, SPH 0222.
University Career Center
In collaboration with the University Career Center we are also able to offer career advising. During these appointments you can learn how to:
- Identify and explore edicational/career interests
- Search for internships/jobs
- Make career decisions
- Prepare for interviews
- Write effective resumes and cover letters
- Network and conduct informational interview
For more information check out the University Career Center @SPH.
Schedule an appointment with a University Career Center Advisor. All appointments are held in SPH CASA, SPH 0222.
Pre-Health Career Planning
If you are specifically interested in pursuing a career in any of the healthcare professions, you can schedule an appointment with our Pre-Health Career Planning specialist.
During these meetings you will have the opportunity to discuss:
- Pre-health course requirements
- Application timelines
- Standardized tests
- Research and clinical opportunities
- Interviews and personal statements
- Gap years and post-baccalaureate programs
- Choosing the right career in healthcare for you
- Anything else related to healthcare careers or admissions to healh professions schools
Schedule an appointment with the Pre-Health Career Planning specialist. All appointments are heald in the Public Health Science office, SPH 2387.
Advising on major requirements is handled through individual departments.
Schedule an appointment with a major advisor. Please be aware of your advisor's office location when you schedule your appointment.
PLEASE BE SURE TO ARRIVE ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENTS. IF YOU ARE LATE YOU MAY BE ASKED TO RESCHEDULE. Traffic, parking, etc. are not considered valid reasons for being late to your advising appointment.