The mission of the Association of GSPH shall be to serve the academic and social needs of the association members, to serve as liaison between graduate students, the administration, staff and faculty, to encourage and promote community involvement by association members, and to stimulate interest in and advance the profession of public health.
The membership of GSPH consists of all graduate students within the School of Public Health.
Academic & Career Committee (ACC)
- Basic professional development skills: CV/resume, cover letter, interview advice, presentation advice and practice, grant writing, etc.
- Connections with PH professionals in the DC Metro Area, Baltimore Region, State Level, UMD SPH Alumni
- Mentoring program with UMD SPH Alumni and/or local public health practitioners
ACC Chair, Jonathan Rudy: email@example.com
Social & Peer Engagement Committee (SPEC)
- Peer networking
- Non-academic social events
- Midterm or finals stress management: yoga, or other exercise activities
- Interest-specific gatherings (e.g., journal clubs, action groups, etc.)
For information about SPEC please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Partnerships Committee (CPC)
- Service learning and volunteer activities
- Community engagement and research
- Fieldwork opportunities
CPC Chair, Jessica Hunter: email@example.com
For more information about GSPH, please contact the 2016-2017 Executive Board:
GSPH shared account: firstname.lastname@example.org
President, Heather Platter: email@example.com
Vice President, Alli Hanley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Public Relations, Callie Koesters: email@example.com
Director of Financial Affairs, Jun Chu: firstname.lastname@example.org