The 2017 Mid Maryland Mission of Mercy and Health Equity Festival will be held September 8 and September 10 at the UMD Xfinity Center. This free adult dental care clinic and health equity festival is a collaborative effort by the Maryland Center for Health Equity, Catholic Charities of Washington, and the dental and health care community to provide free emergency dental care to the poor and underserved.
In addition to providing free dental services to adult patients in need, the event will also provide a number of health screenings and services, including blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol checks, flu shots, vision exams, HIV screenings and one-on-one consultations with attorneys, nutritionists and counselors.
Dental services will be provided by licensed dentists and hygienists, and include:
· Endontics/root canals
· Restorative fillings
All dental and health services are completely free and no insurance information will be collected.
The event will be held on two non-consecutive treatment days:
First Treatment Day
7:00 am - 5:00 p.m. Friday Sept. 8th
Second Treatment Day
7:00 am - 5:00 p.m Sunday Sept. 10th
- Who: Adults, aged 18 or over, who need dental care.
- What: Free dental and health services
- Where: UMD Xfinity Center
- When: Friday, September 8 and Sunday, September 10, 2017
- Why: 1 in 5 Americans has an unmet dental need. The high cost of dental services prevents many people from receiving care.