- Who should register for the BT Workshop?
We encourage post-docs, principal investigators, research staff, recruitment staff, IRB members, physicians, nurses, medical professionals and anyone interested in improving their ability to work with minority or health disparity communities. Additionally, we encourage applicants who may not fit the above categories, but work or consult with investigators who engage with patients and communities.
- How much does the workshop cost?
The cost to attend the workshop is $1000. If you apply by April 9, you may use the code MCHE-EARLY to receive a $250 discount off the registration fee.
- Are meals included as part of the registration fee?
Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days of the workshop. Dinners are not included.
- Do I need to pay for my own hotel?
Yes. The registration fee does not include lodging.
- When should I make my travel arrangements?
Please wait until you receive conformation from Dr. Devlon Jackson to make your travel arrangements. We expect to contact you no later than May 15.
- How will I know if I am accepted to participate in the workshop?
After you register, you will be asked to fill out a “Get to Know You” application. We will confirm registrations on a rolling schedule and we will notify all attendees no later than May 15.
- Is there any financial support available for me if I can’t afford the registration fee?
No. At this point we are unable to offer any additional scholarships or financial support.
- What should I bring?
You are not required to bring anything to the workshop beside yourself! We will provide all materials needed to participate fully throughout the workshop. A laptop or tablet is optional.
- What is included in the workshop fee?
The fee covers the materials provided during the workshop, and breakfast and lunch both days.
- Will I receive a certificate of completion after completing the training?
Yes, we will offer certificates of completion at the end of the workshop.
- I am unable to attend this year. When is the next training?
We do not have any future workshops scheduled at this time. If you sign up for our mailing list, you will receive notifications about future workshops. Click here to sign up.
- Do you offer continuing education training credits?
No, we are not offering continuing education credits for this workshop.
Please contact Dr. Devlon Jackson at email@example.com or 301-405-8859 with any additional questions or for more information.