The School of Public Health offers undergraduate degrees in Community Health, Kinesiology, Public Health Science, and Family Science.
Students currently enrolled in the University of Maryland must complete the change of major process explained below. Newly admitted freshman and transfer students looking to change their major must attend an SPH Orientation. More information on orientation can be found here.
The major change process must be completed in the same semester in which you begin.
STEP ONE: Change of Major Workshop
- [REGISTER] to attend a Change of Major workshop for the major you wish to declare.
- Follow the instructions your intended major provides you to prepare for the workshop.
- Attend the Change of Major workshop for which you are registered. Please arrive on time, if you are late you will be asked to reschedule.
STEP TWO: Academic Plan Workshop
- [REGISTER] to attend an Academic Plan workshop. You must register for an Academic Plan workshop that occurs after you complete the Change of Major workshop.
- Attend the Academic Plan workshop for which you are registered. Please arrive on time, if you are late you will be asked to reschedule.
At the end of the Academic Plan workshop you will submit your plan. If you are not a student athlete or on Academic Probation/Dismissal your plan will be reviewed and your major declared within 10 business days.
Student Athletes and Students on Academic Probation/Dismissal
- Student athletes must meet with Zackary Hull after they have attended the Academic Plan workshop before their major will be declared.
- Students on Academic Probation/Dismissal must meet with Ron Padron after they have attended the Academic Plan workshop before their major will be declared.
These advising appointments can be scheduled here.
Interested in public health but not ready to declare? Come to our walk-in hours or email Jaime Oliver.
Questions regarding the change of major process should be directed to the SPH Center for Academic Success and Achievement at 301-405-2357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.