Below are examples of specific funds that can be selected for support on the Make a Gift page. Your gift can be on any scale with which you feel comfortable, and can be structured to suit your wishes. Please contact Elly Brtva, Assistant Dean for Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org to custom design the opportunity you really care about.
- UMD School of Public Health Giving Tree Student Fund: Honor an SPH graduate, a mentor or a loved one and support the SPH Giving Tree Student Fund, which provides scholarship and fellowship monies for School of Public Health students. You may personalize a leaf, an acorn or a stone with an engraved message that will appear on the Giving Tree, which is displayed prominently in the School of Public Health building lobby.
- School of Public Health Student Emergency Scholarship Fund. This emergency fund was established to help current students in critical situations when they are confronted with a financial emergency that could prevent them from remaining in school.
- Jerry Wrenn Endowed Scholarship. Donations to this fund help provide annual scholarships to outstanding School of Public Health seniors from all departments who have demonstrated financial need. Named in honor of a former dean and longtime faculty member Jerry P. Wrenn.
- Exercise for Brain Health Research Fund. Your gift funds research exploring how to help delay cognitive decline with age and ultimately to prevent the onset of all forms of dementia.
- Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health General Fund. Your gift supports graduate student research to advance global, environmental and occupational health.
- Gymkana Fund. Your gift supports the Gymkana troupe's mission to inspire drug-free and healthy lifestyles through positive example. With children as the primary audience, members of the Gymkana troupe demonstrate their commitment to making healthy choices through acrobatic and gymnastic performances and mentorship.
- Maryland Center for Health Equity Fund. Your gifts supports the development of broad, multidisciplinary research initiatives designed to eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities in Maryland and beyond.
For more giving opportunities, please visit Make a Gift.
The University is happy and proud to recognize major gifts by permanently associating the name, either of the donor(s) or of the individual(s) the donor wishes to honor, with some part of the institution. Naturally, the magnitude of the gift plays a role in determining the appropriate naming opportunity. The opportunities in the School include:
- The School of Public Health building or any one of the many spaces it contains, such as:
- Renovated learning spaces
- Renovated laboratories
- Endowed scholarships for undergraduates
- Endowed fellowships for graduate students
- Endowed Professorships and Chairs
- Endowed teaching and research programs
- Naming a department or center
- Naming the School