Welcome to the University of Maryland Postdoctoral Scholars Society, or UMD PSS! UMD PSS is a new group run by postdocs at the University of Maryland, College Park that aims to facilitate career, intellectual, and social interaction between postdocs, faculty, and staff.
Throughout the year, UMD PSS will be organizing a variety of events targeted towards those individuals classified as a postdoctoral fellow. Some of our activities will likely include hosting guest speakers from outside the university, organizing panel discussions around topics of interest, and holding career information sessions, such as interviewing skills and grant writing workshops. UMD PSS is also striving to create opportunities for more relaxed socialization among postdocs and with faculty through events such as happy hours and community service days.
Make sure you subscribe to our list serv! If you would like additional information or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have a Facebook page where we post our upcoming events.
UMD PSS President
Mission Statement of UMD PSS
To facilitate career, intellectual, and social interaction between postdoctoral fellows throughout the University of Maryland.
Who We Are
We are a postdoctoral fellows group at the University of Maryland that aims to facilitate career, intellectual, and social interaction between postdocs, faculty, and staff.
The purpose of UMD PSS is to:
- facilitate interactions among postdoctoral fellows across the University of Maryland
- provide a forum through which issues (i.e., academic/funding/other) can be addressed
- be a resource to postdocs
- provide a direct link to the faculty/administration across the university
- promote and sponsor seminars and presentations directly relevant to the programs and to postdoctoral fellows