Don't forget we've moved to new offices, SPH 2387!
Tuesdays 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Wednesdays 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
If you are a current PHSC student and think your question will take longer than 10 minutes, please make an appointment with one of our major specific advisors. If you are prospective major please visit this page for advising options. If you are a student in your first semester at UMD (freshman or transfer), you are required to meet with an advisor in CASA to satisfy your mandatory advising block. Please see the information below on how to make that appointment.
Don't have time to come in? Try our live chat with a PHSC advisor!
First Semester Freshman/Transfers
Students in their first semester at UMD have mandatory advising with Jaime Oliver in the Center for Academic Success and Achievement.
- Visit the online appointment system and click Schedule Appointment.
- Select your campus (School of Public Health - College Park Campus)
- Select your student status as First Year Transfer/Freshman
- Verify the appointment type is Individual Appointment
- Click Continue
- Select Mandatory Advising and Click to Confirm Advising Type
Appointments fill quickly so If no appointments are available at the moment please continue to check back. Mandatory advising can only be satisfied by meeting with Jaime Oliver. It cannot be satisfied by a visit to walk-in hours or an appointment with one of PHSC major specific advisors.
If you have questions about writing resumes and cover letters, possible careers after graduating with a degree in Public Health Science, or other career related questions please visit the University Career Center at the School of Public Health.
- Public Health Science Curriculum
- PHSC Course Titles List
- Course Progression Flowchart
- Program Sheet
- Four Year Plan
- FERPA Form: It is SPH policy that if a student wishes to bring parents, legal guardians or family members to a meeting with an advisor, faculty member or other School official, this meeting must be scheduled at least 1 business day in advance, and University parties involved must be notified that the student’s parent, legal guardian, or family member will be present at the meeting. The student must also have the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Academic Release Information Form on file with the department.
- Student Resources and Services