Current UMD Students
I want to learn more about the major
If you are interested in the Public Heath Science major, but would like some more information, please meet with Jaime Oliver in the Center for Academic Sucess and Achievement (CASA). You can either
- Attend CASA walk-in hours and ask to meet with Jaime Oliver or
- Make an appointment. To do so visit our online appointment system and select prospective student and individual appointment.
I'm ready to change my major
If you are ready to change your major to Public Health Science, you are required to successfully complete the two-step major change process. Students must first attend a Public Health Science Change of Major Workshop. At this workshop, attendees will receive an orientation to the major, including degree requirements and course sequencing. After attending the Public Health Science Change of Major Workshop, students must attend an Academic Plan Workshop. At this workshop, students will complete an academic plan that outlines all the requirements they have remaining for the Public Health Science major.
To register for both workshops use the following instructions. Our workshops tend to fill quickly so check early and often!
- Visit our online appointment system and login
- Select prospective student and workshops
- Select the appropriate workshop
- Public Health Science @ College Park: Change of Major Workshop - Public Health Science @ College Park
- Center for Academic Success and Achievement: Academic Plan Workshop
Prospective UMD Students
All non-University of Maryland students interested in declaring Public Health Science as a major are required to apply to UMD and can then declare Public Health Science as a major once admitted. For information on UMD, including how to apply, please go to www.umd.edu. Once admitted, you will be required to attend a School of Public Health specific orientation. More information on orientation can be found here.
Students interested in transferring to UMD from other two-year and four-year institutions can contact the University’s Pre-Transfer Advising Program for UMD-related information before applying. Please visit their website for more information