The SPH Collaboratorium is a multifaceted resource for SPH Students. At the Collaboratorium, students can receive tutoring on statistical software, use undergraduate textbooks (only some available at this time), and reserve a collaborative meeting space for group projects.
- Monday to Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday: 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- The Collaboratorium will close for the summer.
What is the Collaboratorium?
- A new SPH computer lab equipped with statistical software (SPSS, SAS Statistical Analysis System, R); all students are welcome.
- Collaborative meeting space for students to work on group projects and have meetings. Email email@example.com or stop in to reserve the TV cart and meeting space. Walk-ins also accepted when space is not reserved.
Are you puzzled by statistical analysis or SAS questions (that is not on your homework and Yoda is not available)? Sign up for a consult with a Jedi statistician in the Collaboratorium!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are also accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Do you need a space to collaborate on a class-related project using UMD computers? Find tables, computers and a great workspace in the Collaboratorium!
- PC and Apple desktops available (all equipped with SPSS, SAS, R)
- Email email@example.com to reserve the TV cart and meeting space. Walk-ins also accepted when space is not reserved.
Have a crucial presentation for a class that could get you closer to your dream job (or at least passing your course)?
- The Collaboratorium has a webcam and a large screen for practicing presentations or giving them to small groups!
Want to read a textbook for one of the main undergraduate classes in SPH without paying for it (and not risking arrest)?
- Copies of some of the required undergraduate textbooks are available for your reading enjoyment in the Collaboratorium!
- We are in the process of building a library of course textbooks for all required SPH undergraduate courses, which will be housed in the Collaboratorium. The library is not yet complete, but we may have your course's textbook for your use on-site. (Books are not available for sign-out.)
The Robb Cohen and Gail Schwartz Collaboratorium was made possible by support from the Cohen-Schwartz Family and with a grant and donation of desktops from the Division of IT.