- Who should register for the BT Workshop?
We encourage post-docs, principal investigators, research staff, recruitment staff, IRB members, physicians, nurses, medical professionals and anyone interested in improving their ability to work with minority or health disparity communities. Additionally, we encourage applicants who may not fit the above categories, but work or consult with investigators who engage with patients and communities.
- How much does the workshop cost?
The cost to attend the workshop is $1000.
- Are meals included as part of the registration fee?
Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days of the workshop. Dinners are not included.
- I am attending the workshop from out of town. Where should I stay?
Participants are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. To ease the process, we have reserved a block of rooms at a discounted rate at The Hotel at The University of Maryland (7777 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD. https://www.thehotelumd.com/, 301-277-7777), which is located within walking distance (0.5 mi) of the Edward St. John Learning and Teaching Center. The discounted rate is available until JUNE 5. You are not required to stay at this hotel, however; there are many hotel options in the area and you may choose whatever accommodations best suit your needs.
The Hotel at the University of Maryland Room Rates:
- When should I make my travel arrangements?
Please wait until you receive conformation from Dr. Devlon Jackson to make your travel arrangements. We expect to contact you no later than May 15.
- How will I know if I am accepted to participate in the workshop?
After you register, you will be asked to fill out a “Get to Know You” application. We will confirm registrations on a rolling schedule and we will notify all attendees no later than May 15.
- Is there any financial support available for me if I can’t afford the registration fee?
No. At this point we are unable to offer any additional scholarships or financial support.
- What should I bring?
You are not required to bring anything to the workshop beside yourself! We will provide all materials needed to participate fully throughout the workshop. A laptop or tablet is optional.
- What is included in the workshop fee?
The fee covers the materials provided during the workshop, and breakfast and lunch both days.
- Will I receive a certificate of completion after completing the training?
Yes, we will offer certificates of completion at the end of the workshop.
- I am unable to attend this year. When is the next training?
We do not have any future workshops scheduled at this time. If you sign up for our mailing list, you will receive notifications about future workshops. Click here to sign up.
- Do you offer continuing education training credits?
No, we are not offering continuing education credits for this workshop.
Please contact Dr. Devlon Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-8859 with any additional questions or for more information.