On the following websites, you can find a range of tools for improving your professional and organizational health literacy capacities and practices.
- Guidelines for health literacy and more - Follow these guidelines every time you or your organization delivers information or services for health and well-being.
- Building Health Literate Organizations: A Guidebook to Achieving Organizational Change - This guidebook is based on the 10 Attributes of a Health Literate Health Care Organization and helps healthcare organizations engage in organizational change to become health literate. (Source: Abrams, Kurtz-Rossi, Riffenburgh, and Savage 2014)
- Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit (2nd ed.) - Primary care practices can use this toolkit to help reduce the complexity of health care, increase patient understanding of health information, and enhance support for patients of all health literacy levels. (Source: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality 2015)
- Always Use Teach-Back! - This toolkit helps healthcare providers learn to use teach-back to support patients and families throughout the care continuum. (Source: UnityPoint Health n.d.)
- Health literacy trainings - Build your health literacy foundation with these free online courses. (Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
For more resources, check out the AHRQ's Health Literacy page. Note: due to a technical glitch, the links this page do not appear in a different color. Slowly move your cursor over the text to discover the links.