School at a Glance
- Department of Behavioral and Community Health
- Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Department of Family Science
- Department of Health Policy and Management
- Department of Kinesiology
- Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health
School-wide Research Centers:
Strategic Research Initiatives:
- Tobacco and Smoking Cessation
- Physical Activity and Obesity
- Health Disparities, Health Equity, Social and Environmental Justice
- Healthy Aging
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence
- Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Programs
- Global Health and Climate Change
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Accreditation: The University of Maryland School of Public Health in College Park was reaccreditated by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) in 2015. The University of Maryland School of Public Health was first accredited by CEPH in 2010.
Below are some select highlights of milestones since our founding in 2007.
You may also view an interactive historical timeline of the School of Public Health and its predecessor departments that begins in 1892!