Undergraduate students interested in working with the Black Families Research Group need to submit a cover letter, CV or academic resume, and a completed Research Assistant Application. Completed applications should be returned to Devin English for consideration.
Interested in earning course credit? Consider completing one to three independent study credits through FMSC 399 for your undergraduate research.
Student researchers must also complete human subjects protections-training for conducting ethical research with human research participants, as required by the University of Maryland Institutional Review Board (IRB). Training is completed online through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
1. Click on the CITI link above.
2. Create Login and password.
3. Affiliate with the University of Maryland at College Park.
4. Complete the curriculum entitled "Basic Social Behavioral Human Subjects Training."
5. Students should allot 6 hours of time to complete the online curriculum.