The Department of Family Science at the University of Maryland is one of the most highly respected family science programs in the nation, preparing students to enrich and improve the quality of family life through education, research, and public service. Students who participate in our undergraduate and graduate programs report that the following factors attracted them to our department:
- Outstanding faculty dedicated to teaching and mentoring students.
- Focused, interdisciplinary curricula that enable students to develop new skills in communication, research and analysis, project development, leadership, and interpersonal relations.
- Opportunities to participate in research and service projects with distinguished faculty.
- Diverse faculty and students who bring a wealth of ideas, opinions, and experiences to academic activities.
- Prime location in Maryland, close to Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia.
- Excellent internships that prepare students to achieve their professional goals.
- State-of-the-art facilities and a welcoming department environment.
- A strong, active student organization.
- Superior advising and assistance with career search and graduate school application.
The Family Science Department offers 4 degree programs: