Financial assistance for Family Science graduate students is available through departmental teaching and research assistantships, and for advanced doctoral students through part-time instructorships. Students may also seek teaching or research assistantships in other campus units.

When you complete the Graduate School application, check the box indicating that you wish to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship. There is no additional form to complete.


The Department recommends outstanding doctoral students for Graduate School Fellowships. Graduate students may also apply for fellowships sponsored by federal agencies (e.g., NIMH, DHHS).