16th Annual Health Equity Conference
Thursday, December 5, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Martin’s West 6817 Dogwood Road, Baltimore MD 21244
Achieving Health Equity and Cost Reductions Through Clinical-Community Partnerships
Join the Maryland Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities for its 16th Annual Health Equity Conference. The 2019 conference will explore how the Total Cost of Care Model enables community organizations and hospitals to achieve cost savings and preventable utilization reductions. We will explore successful partnerships and models that can be replicated to achieve health equity.
- Describe health disparities in preventable utilization and state the order of magnitude of the costs of excess minority preventable utilization.
- Understand the reimbursement system for hospitals and medical practices under the Maryland Model, and develop operations that achieve cost savings through preventable utilization reduction
- Discuss how practice and hospital reimbursement incentives in the Maryland Model create incentives for preventable utilization reduction to produce cost savings for Medicaid and its MCOs.
- Replicate a model of partnership between a hospital and a CBO that has proven success at achieving positive cost savings return on investment by enhancing patient self-management among high utilizers through a community-based intervention.
- Reproduce a model of partnership between a medical practice and a CBO that has proven success at achieving positive cost savings return on investment by enhancing patient self-management among high utilizers through a community-based intervention.
Additional Conference Sponsors: Maryland Behavioral Health Administration’s Office of Workforce Development and Training & University of Maryland School of Public Health Maryland Center for Health Equity
Visit MHHD health.maryland.gov/mhhd for details including the agenda.
Contact MDH.HealthDisparities@maryland.gov or 410-767-7117 with any questions.