Flu Shot Clinic at SPH
Thanks to the generosity of the University Health Center, the School of Public Health will host an on-site flu shot clinic for SPH faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Influenza or “flu” is a viral infection that can cause fever, chills, cough, muscle aches, sore throat, and headache. The influenza vaccine can prevent influenza.
Where: The SPH Faculty/Staff Lounge (room 0397A) located on the ground floor of the SPH Building.
- Faculty, staff, graduate student flu shot clinic Monday, November 3rd from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Undergraduate student flu shot clinic Thursday, November 6th from 1 to 3 pm.
How: Appointments required. Deadline of 2 pm, October 31st, to indicate your appointment time availability via Doodle Poll.
- Undergraduate students, respond here: http://doodle.com/dqfzs5q9eg5ag2hm
- Graduate students, staff, and faculty, respond here: http://doodle.com/brkg2kt79ugya6dc
If you have never been to the University Health Center, you must call the appointment desk at 301.314.8184 to register yourself. Provide your UID number, home address, and local telephone number. Tell them you are registering because of an upcoming flu clinic. If you have not established a record with the Health Center by the day of the clinic, you will not be able to receive your flu shot at the on-site clinic.
Bring a completed and signed influenza vaccine form to your appointment.
Method of payment
- Undergraduate students: Submit a photocopy of your insurance card (front and back) and write your UID# on the paper. The University Health Center will submit the claim on your behalf. Otherwise you will be billed through the Bursar’s Office.
- Graduate Students: submit a copy of your insurance card (front and back) and write your UID# on the paper. The Health Center will submit the claim on your behalf to BCBS, Aetna, Signa, United Healthcare, TriCare Standard – (PPO and EPO) and Medicaid, if you have State of Maryland Medicaid. HMO and Medicare are not accepted.
- Faculty and staff: Pay $25 via cash or check payable to University of Maryland or submit a photocopy of your insurance card (front and back) and write your UID# on the paper. The Health Center is in network with BCBS, Aetna, Signa, United Healthcare, TriCare Standard – (PPO and EPO) and will submit the claim to your insurance. HMO, Medicare and Medicaid are not accepted.
If you miss the in-house flu clinic, you can always go to the University Health Center to protect yourself from the flu.