On March 17th from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. join the Maryland Women’s Coalition for Health Care Reform for their free webinar “Health Literacy: Helping Consumers Get It”. This is the Part I of the final part of a four-part webinar series. You can view past webinars here if you missed them.
You should not miss this webinar because our very own Director of the Herschel S. Horowitz Center for Health Literacy and Associate Professor for Behavioral Community Health, Dr. Linda Aldoory is a guest speaker! Health Literacy Maryland‘s Dr. Izione Silva will also be a guest speaker.
“Health Literacy: Helping Consumers Get It” will discuss the following:
- What is health literacy and how big is the problem at both the consumer and provider/healthcare system level?
- Where is the problem? Are there geographical hotspots?
- Who does it impact, particularly within the context of care delivery?
- What is the impact on health care? Cost? Quality? Safety? Access? Other?
- How can we reach consumers and what is the message?