Carol A. Werlinich
Ph.D., Human Development, University of Maryland at College Park, 1983
FMSC 485 Introduction to Family Therapy FMSC 640 Family Therapy: Theory and Techniques FMSC 650 Ethical, Legal, and Professional Principles in Marriage and Family Therapy FMSC 653 Advanced Assessment, Diagnosing, and Treatment in Marriage and Family Therapy FMSC 654 Clinical Marriage and Family Therapy Practice FMSC 658 Supervised Clinical Practice of Marriage and Family Therapy FMSC 790 Marriage and Family Therapy Supervision
• Principal investigator of a study of the experiences and coping strategies of mothers of murdered children and the implications for therapists.
• Director of the University of Maryland Center for Healthy Families.
• Author of the Center for Healthy Families Manual.
• Recipient of George F. Kramer Practitioner Award from the School of Public Health (1995); National American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Divisional Contribution Award (1995); Cornerstone Award from the City of College Park, MD (1996);the Muriel R. Sloan Communitarian Award (1998); and Governor's Citation for leadership and service (2002); Greater Washington Latino Mental Health Network's Mentorship Recognition Award (2006).
• American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Regulatory Board Member.
• American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Examination Construction Committee, Content Expert in Marriage and Family Therapy. • American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor • American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Middle Atlantic Division, Elections Committee Chair.
LaTaillade, J. J., Epstein, N. B., & Werlinich, C. A. (2006). Conjoint treatment of intimate partner violence: A cognitive behavioral approach. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, 20(4), 393-410
Dezfulian, T., et. al (2006, Spring/Summer). Research and clinical practice in marriage and family therapy programs: A closer look at the University of Maryland. Couples Research and Therapy Newsletter, 12(1), 12-14.
Werlinich, C. (2001). Dealing with the violent loss of a child. NCFR Report, 46(4), F20-21.