A public health epidemiologist/researcher and health policy advisor with over 20 years of leadership experience and responsibilities in academia, public sector/non-profit/multilateral international organizations. Highly skilled in teaching/learning; leading teams and conducting quantitative/qualitative data analyses, developing systems capacity to function efficiently as well as working with different stakeholders to improve the health of communities/populations.
- Public Health behavioral/Epidemiology specialist with teaching and research expertise in health disparities; active listener committed to providing supportive feedback to students and other audience groups.
- Leadership in team building, organizing faculty to develop course curricula and new CEPH accredited public health programs as well as assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Engaged instructor interested in using innovative state of the art strategies to impart on effective teaching and learning.
- Experienced instructor in designing and delivering materials in learning online format; have taught online learning since 2010.
- Mentoring and supervision of Master’s and doctoral students’ Thesis/Dissertation and providing timely feedback.
- Applied research findings (Translational research) from a community-based study to improve Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMCT) of HIV/AIDS clinical activities and create policies on breastfeeding.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical software including SAS, SUDAAN, HLM
- Skilled in data analytics, data manipulation and mining with SAS Enterprise Guide
Doctor of Philopsophy (Health Promotion, Education and Health Behavior), 2007
University of South Carolina, Arnold School of Public Health, Columbia, South Carolina
Master of Public Health (Epidemiology, 2000
Epidemiology, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana
Master of Arts (Demography), 1996
Regional Institute of Population Studies, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Equivalent to PharmD in the USA), 1990
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana