Explore Public Health - click on a major below to access your SPH Career Guide
- Public Health Science 90% of School of Public Health students gained experience interning and 32% found jobs through previous positions and internships.
- Kinesiology 45% of students move onto full-time employment after graduation while 30% continue their education at school of physical therapy, medical school, nursing school, and more.
- Family Science – 87% of students reported having plans after graduation, 100% gained experience outside of the classroom and 26% found jobs through their network of family & friends
- Community Health 100% of students gained experience through internships, 82% through student groups and 37% through research projects.
- Health Care Management
- Alternative Health Care (Kinesiology)
- Health Care Consulting
- Allied Health Care
SPH Student & Alumni Mentor Program: 2017-2018
- develop a meaningful relationship with a professional
- explore a career and gain uncommon insights
- set career trajectory goals
- become more adept in professional networking
- gain first-hand knowledge from students on the SPH
- give back to their University community
- assist mentee in career exploration
- help students find connections in their industry of interest
- attendance at the Kickoff—Thursday, October 12th at the School of Public Health
- monthly interaction with mentee/mentor from October 2017-May 2018 (8 times)
Global Health Internship Opportunities
Global health professionals are in high demand within public health. Students that are interested in gaining internship experience in global health are encouraged to utilize the following resources in order to begin their job or internship search.
- US AID Global Health Fellows Program
- FHI 360 Internships
- JSI Internships
- Wellcome Trust Summer Internship Program
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- WASH Advocates
- US Public Health Service Student Opportunities and Training
- American Red Cross Internship Program
- Office of Global Affairs Internship Program
- National Institutes of Health Pathways Program
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Student Fellowship Programs
This list is only a handful of the many possible avenues students can explore. You may also want to speak with your faculty, advisors, staff members, and other professional mentors to find out about additional opportunities and resources. “Goin' Global” is a helpful online tool that can be utilized to find internships, as well as full-time and part-time opportunities outside of the US. All UMD students can assess this online tool through their Careers4Terps account.