The Horowitz Center is partnering with the Nebraska Association of Local Health Directors to offer the Health Literacy Champion Toolkit. The toolkit is for local health department staff to assess health literacy capacity, develop an action plan, and commit to implementing the plan. State health departments and other organizations may also find the toolkit a valuable assessment and planning tool, although some of their organizational functions may differ.
The Health Literacy Champion Process has 5 steps.
1. Review the Toolkit background document.
2. Health Literacy Check-Up: assess health literate policies and procedures in the department.
3. Health Literacy Action Plan: develop SMART goals and an action plan.
4. Health Literacy Pledge: commit to implementing the plan.
5. Action Plan Implementation: implement the plan.
Organizations can download the toolkit materials and complete them on their own at no cost, or talk with Center staff about fee-based help. Organizations that want the Center to certify their pledge and be recognized on the website will submit their materials for Center review and approval. The review fee is $50 per application. If you have trouble with these forms, please email us. For more information, please email the Center at email@example.com.