Upon completion of the degree requirements, all students are expected to demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify and describe core scientific concepts underlying disease prevention, environmental protection, and health promotion.
- Identify and define public health problems from an ecological and interdisciplinary perspective.
- Synthesize scientific knowledge to formulate solutions to public health problems.
- Apply scientific knowledge to inform effective public health policy.
- Apply scientific concepts and skills in professional public health agencies.
The BS in Public Health Science is offered on both the College Park and Shady Grove campus. At College Park students can enter the program at anytime during the college career, while at Shady Grove, students begin their studies with us in their junior year.