All of our undergraduate programs are designed to be completed within four years. Below you will find sample templates of how to structure your progress through any of our majors. Many students are interested in public health in a broad sense so we encourage you to review all of our four-year plans and checklists to see which major would be the best fit for you.  We have walk-in advising hours as well as appointments that can be schedule for prospective students if you would like to discuss any of these majors further.   

**Note**  For each four-year plan that you review, you will see that I-Series courses and Diversity courses are not listed separately.  As indicated on these templates, students should plan to take Distributive Studies courses that will double count for I-Series and/or Diversity courses if they are not already included as major requirements.  For example, if a student chooses for to fill a Humanities course (HU) for the major, he/she should find a course that also satisfies an I-Series (IS) or Understanding Plural Societies (UP).  

Four-Year Plans and Major Checklists below are for students whose first semester in the major is Fall 2018 or after.  If your first semester in the major was prior to Fall 2018, refer to the documents you received at your change of major workshop and academic plan workshop or speak with your academic advisor if you are unsure of your requirements. 

Four Year Plans Major Checklists
Community Health Community Health
Family Science Family Science
Kinesiology Kinesiology
Public Health Science Public Health Science

Benchmark Courses

Benchmark courses are "indicator courses" that help advisors chart your progress in the major. Completing the benchmark courses on time, and with good grades, means you are making satisfactory progress through the major. Failure to complete the benchmark courses, or failure to pass them with a C- or better, will require you to leave the major. If you are struggling in the benchmark courses it may be a sign that the major is not a good fit, and you should speak to an advisor.