Adopted as part of the 2018-2023 School of Public Health Strategic Plan
School of Public Health Vision
Physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all people throughout our local and global communities.
School of Public Health Mission
To promote and protect the health and well-being of the diverse communities throughout Maryland, the nation, and the world through leadership and collaboration in interdisciplinary education, research, practice, and public policy.
- A commitment to integrity, respect, and the ethical principles of public health practice
- The pursuit of discovery
- Innovation in our thinking and actions
- An obligation to social justice
- The achievement of health equity, elimination of health disparities, and attainment of health literacy
- Honoring the principles of diversity and inclusion
- Social responsibility as central in our actions
- Sustainability as a core principle in our work
- A celebration of lifelong learning
Goal 1: Develop and mentor the next generation of public health leaders.
Goal 2: Lead and translate innovative research into real world public health solutions.
Goal 3: Create and grow sustainable partnerships that engage communities.
Goal 4: Accelerate and transform the school's role as an innovative leader.
Goal 5: Foster and invest in a culture of excellence.