July 2020: At the current time, we are not hosting visitors to the School of Public Health. The information below pertains to our operations pre-Covid-19 pandemic.
Whether you are a prospective student, a parent, a community member, academic colleague or public health professional, we welcome you to visit the School of Public Health.
Our address is:
4200 Valley Drive
School of Public Health
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
To arrange a prospective undergraduate student visit, please contact Taylor Sanders from our Center for Academic Success and Achievement at email@example.com.
To arrange a prospective graduate student visit, please contact the appropriate graduate program director.
Find directions here to get to the University of Maryland campus via car or public transportation.
Once you are on our campus, use the UMD Campus Web Map to get directions to the School of Public Health Building, or follow instructions below.
To get to the SPH Building from Route 1 / Baltimore Ave:
- Once you turn onto Campus Drive from Rt. 1, stay in the left lane and follow Campus Drive to the “M” circle.
- Take the first exit from the circle onto Regents Drive.
- At the third stop sign, turn left onto Farm Drive.
- Make an immediate right turn onto Valley Drive. The SPH building will be just ahead on your right beyond the bend in the road.
There are metered spaces immediately in front of the SPH building. Or, you can park in Regents Garage, located on Regents Drive. Learn more on the Department of Transportation Services website.
Once you’ve parked, make note of the parking space number painted on the pavement, then proceed to the nearest digital pay station.
How to Use the Pay Station Machine:
- Press [OK] to start
- Enter your vehicle space number
- Choose how much time is needed
- Insert payment
- Take your receipt (you may use it at any pay station to add time to your parking by selecting “Add-Time” and entering your Add-Time number from your receipt)
Once you're here, you can use this building map to help find your way around the SPH building.
The SPH building is currently not open to visitors and is accessible only to those with ID card swipe access.
Fitness Center, Room 0101
Faculty and Staff must complete a Campus Recreation Limited Membership form to access the 0101 Fitness Center. Forms may be picked up in the 0101 Fitness Center.
For Fitness Center and Weight Room Hours click here, then click on 'Facility Hours' tab on the left, then 'School of Public Health.'
Faculty/Staff Locker Rooms (Rooms 0126, 0130) -- same hours as the SPH building. Please contact the Solutions Center for access to the SPH Faculty/Staff Locker Rooms.
For questions about building access and facilities usage, please contact:
Assistant Director, Facilities