Choosing the right graduate program is a big choice to make. To help with your search, the School of Public Health offers events throughout the year to introduce prospective students to programs, staff, and faculty.
Graduate Programs Virtual Information Sessions
Our Graduate Admissions Team hosts a series of virtual information sessions between August and January. Each session includes an overview of programs, resources, and the admissions process and ample time for Q&A.
The MS in Couple and Family Therapy, MA Kinesiology, and PhD in Kinesiology programs are not covered during these sessions. Please contact the program's Director of Graduate Studies if you want to learn more about these programs.
Register below for a date that works best with your schedule. Zoom links will be included in your confirmation email.
- August 09, 2023 | 12:00 pm EST | Master's Degrees Info Session
- August 11, 2023 | 12:00 pm EST | Doctoral Degrees Info Session
- September 6, 2023 | 12:00 pm | Master's Degrees Info Session
- September 8, 2023 | 12:00 pm EST | Doctoral Degrees Info Session
- September 20, 2023 | 12:00 pm EST | Doctoral Degrees Info Session
- September 22, 2023 | 2:00 pm | Master's Degrees Info Session
- November 10, 2023 | 12:00 pm EST | Doctoral and Master's Programs Info Session
The virtual sessions include English auto-generated captioning. Email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Virtual Open House
Join the University of Maryland School of Public Health for our 2023 Graduate Programs Virtual Open House and learn how we can support you on your journey of making an impact and doing public health good.
When: October 11-13.
The agenda: Our academic units and programs will host sessions where you will learn about their degrees and programs. Faculty, staff, and students will be available to answer your questions about our program concentrations, faculty research, resources, student involvement and campus life. Attend as many sessions as you’d like to find the program that best fits your interests.
Graduate Fairs and Other Events
Meet the School of Public Health Graduate Directors and our admissions team in one of the events listed below.
- September 12, 2023 | 9 am - 4 pm EST | This is Public Health Virtual Fair
- September 21, 2023 | 12:00 pm - 2 pm EST | This is Public Health Graduate School Mini Virtual Fair
- November 12 - 15, 2023 | 2023 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo
Virtual Admissions Office Hours
The Graduate Admissions Team will host one-on-one Graduate Applicant Office Hours from August to December 2022. If you have questions about your application and the admissions process, we invite you to ask them.
Book an Appointment
After you select the desired schedule, you will receive a calendar invitation confirming your appointment. A link to our Graduate Admissions Chat Room will be sent before the meeting.
Note: For information about the MS in Couple and Family Therapy, MA in Kinesiology, and PhD in Kinesiology, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies.
Invite SPH to You!
The SPH Graduate Admissions Team also attends a number of professional group meetings, speaks to undergraduate students at local colleges and universities, and participates in professional association panel discussions. If your organization or university is interested in hosting a session with the Graduate Admissions Team, please email admissions, and we will be happy to work with you to plan for an Admissions representative to attend.