Registration for the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Data Detectives Camp is now open!
The NCHS Data Detectives Camp is a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) camp that focuses on statistics for rising 6th and 7th grade students. The UMD School of Public Health is a co-sponsor of this camp.
This virtual 1-week, 2-hour-a-day camp (August 2-6) is an exciting opportunity for boys and girls to learn about the basics of statistics through a variety of fun, hands-on activities!
Data Detectives Camp activities cover statistical concepts to help teach kids to think like a data detective: by asking the right questions, collecting needed information, analyzing the data, and determining the answer.
Applying to the Camp:
- Up to 15 rising 6th and 7th graders will be selected per session to participate in this 1-week virtual camp.
- If you are interested, please download and complete the 2021 NCHS Data detectives Camp Application Form.
- Send completed application form to email@example.com.
- Applications will be accepted through June 30.
- Decisions will be e-mailed to parent/guardian by the week of July 12.
- Those who have participated previously should not apply this year.