The School of Public Health (SPH) Alumni Network is excited to announce the second call for nominations for the PHEEL awards to recognize and celebrate a selection of graduates who demonstrate exemplary public health impact and dedication to service and leadership. The SPH Alumni Network launched the PHEEL Awards in 2021 to recognize outstanding graduates who earned a degree from the School of Public Health in the last ten years.
To nominate yourself or another SPH graduate, complete the nomination form below, which requests a resume/CV/LinkedIn Profile and responses to three questions, each of which aligns with an aspect of the award. You may also upload up to two optional letters of recommendation or relevant articles. Nominees will be evaluated based on their impact on the field of public health, commitment to community service and demonstrated leadership experience by a panel of SPH Alumni Network board members and SPH faculty/staff.
PHEEL Awardees will also be considered for the SPH Early Career Award.
- Graduated from the UMD School of Public Health between December 2012 and November 2023
- Distinguished professionally
- Reflects SPH core values
- If selected as the Early Career Awardee, nominees must be able to attend the School of Public Health Dean's Recognition Ceremony on April 19, 2024 at the University of Maryland.
Please review the School of Public Health's Strategic Plan for more information about our values and priorities.
Nomination deadline: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
2021 Public Health Emerging and Engaging Leaders (PHEEL) Award Recipients
- Martin Gesheff ‘10 (Community Health), MS
- Ayana L. Langston ‘13 (Kinesiology and Exercise), MS, MD
- Mariano Kanamori, MA, PhD ‘13 (Epidemiology)
- Rebecca Rehr, MPH ‘12 (Environmental Health)
- Maya Walker ‘13 (Family Science)