Resources for Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Faculty members and graduate students in the Department of Family Science have created several resource guides for families and children in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. These guides aim to support parents who may be struggling with how to communicate to their children in an age-appropriate way about this unprecedented global pandemic.
Tips for managing family stress, staying healthy and accessing resources for online learning and fun are also included. These guides are intended for use by our public health partners, including county health departments and other health agencies, that will find them useful.
Resource guides include:
- Department of Family Science-curated Online Resources for Families and Children
- How to Talk to Toddlers and Preschoolers about Coronavirus
- How to Talk to Your School-Age Child About Coronavirus
- How to Talk to Teens About Coronavirus
- Managing Family Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
All fact sheets are available in this Google Drive folder (clean versions without specific county health department logos) for use by other health agencies/organizations »
Please contact the School of Public Health communications team if you have questions about using these resources.