PHSC Student Ambassadors Program
PHSC Student Ambassadors are a select group of Public Health Science majors from the College Park campus who assist prospective students in the enrollment process and represent the Public Health Science program (PHSC) at outreach activities and events for current and prospective UMD students.
Become a PHSC Ambassador
PHSC Student Ambassadors are chosen through an application and interview process once a year. The program seeks students from diverse backgrounds who are enthusiastic and demonstrate exceptional communication and leadership skills.
PHSC majors based at the Shady Grove campus can find leadership opportunities on the Universities at Shady Grove Student Engagement page.
- Share your experience at UMD with current and prospective PHSC majors
- Build your portfolio/resume
- Develop leadership skills, including public speaking and networking
- Represent the Public Health Science program during UMD/SPH functions (summer registrations, receptions, open houses, etc.)
- Staff information tables at First Look Fair, Maryland Day and other selected SPH events
- Participate in at least three SEIPH service events per semester
- Serve as encouraging role models and advocates of higher education to accepted students
- Participate in special events as needed