University of Maryland Prevention Research Center
School of Public Health
4200 Valley Drive, Room 1242L
College Park, Maryland 20742-2611
Map and Directions
Click on the map below to get directions.
Find directions here to get to the University of Maryland campus via car or public transportation.
Once you are on our campus, use the UMD Campus Web Map to get directions to the School of Public Health Building, or follow instructions below.
To get to the SPH Building from Route 1 / Baltimore Ave:
- Once you turn onto Campus Drive from Rt. 1, stay in the left lane and follow Campus Drive to the “M” circle.
- Take the first exit from the circle onto Regents Drive.
- At the third stop sign, turn left onto Farm Drive.
- Make an immediate right turn onto Valley Drive. The SPH building will be just ahead on your right beyond the bend in the road.
There are metered spaces immediately in front of the SPH building. Or, you can park in Regents Garage, located on Regents Drive. The Visitor Parking Map shows the Regents Drive Garage location.
Once you’ve parked, make note of the parking space number painted on the pavement, then proceed to the nearest digital pay station.
How to Use the Pay Station Machine:
- Press [OK] to start
- Enter your vehicle space number
- Choose how much time is needed
- Insert payment
- Take your receipt (you may use it at any pay station to add time to your parking by selecting “Add-Time” and entering your Add-Time number from your receipt)
From Washington, DC, visitors can take the Metro Green Line to College Park and then the free University of Maryland shuttle bus to the campus on weekdays during the fall and spring semesters.
Please contact Shuttle-UM for further bus usage information.