Ways to Get Involved
School of Public Health Alumni & Friends: Ways to Get Involved
Stay Up-to-Date With Our Events
- View our online calendar
- Subscribe to our Google calendar and look out for events tagged "Audience: Alumni"
- The SPH Alumni Association welcomes you to apply for the Student and Alumni Mentor Program, meant to enrich the professional lives of student mentees and alumni mentors!
Host an Intern for a Day
- Host an SPH student at your place of business. Allow them to shadow you for the day.
- Time commitment: 1 day (4 times a year)
- Contact: Alyssa Todaro-Brooks at email@example.com.
Join the Leadership of the SPH Alumni Network
- We are actively seeking alumni in the DC/VA/MD area to take on leadership roles to help us expand the SPH/health arena. We plan quarterly events, APHA receptions and other opportunities to strengthen our efforts.
- Time Commitment: Quarterly meetings, occasional teleconference; quarterly events; 8 hours per month
- Contact: Alyssa Todaro-Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commit to Being an SPH Alumni “Ambassador”
- This role is for the time-crunched, flexible alumni. You want to volunteer but only have time sporadically and are limited. We will contact you as needed on a monthly basis to share available opportunities.
- Time commitment: varies depending on your schedule
- Contact: Alyssa Todaro Brooks at email@example.com.
Learn About the SPH STEP Program
The Students Transitioning into Effective Professionals (S.T.E.P.) Program is a professional development pre-internship experience designed to help students gain practical knowledge and develop essential skills to succeed in a professional work environment. Through a series of workforce training sessions and a two-day Shadowing Externship, students will develop the foundational competencies needed to function in a professional environment. This year-long experience allows students to embrace a supportive community and develop a professional network while in an active and engaging learning environment. Learn more about the S.T.E.P. program.
Participate in Terrapins Connect
This platform offers a safe and secure virtual space for alumni-to-alumni and alumni-to-student mentoring and advising. Via this platform, participants can either provide or request career advice, resume critiques, mock interviews with one-time or continued mentoring engagement. Click here to learn more and to access the platform.