PHSC Student Ambassadors are chosen through an application and interview process to assist prospective students in the enrollment process, and represent the Public Health Science program (PHSC) at various outreach activities and events. If you are a prospective student, meet our ambassadors and submit a question to them. The program seeks students from diverse backgrounds who are enthusiastic and demonstrate exceptional communication and leadership skills.
Benefits to becoming a PHSC Ambassador:
- Build your portfolio / resume
- Develop presentation and networking skills
- Develop leadership skills
Expectations of PHSC Ambassadors:
- Represent the PSHC program during UMD/SPH functions (summer registrations, receptions, open houses etc.).
- Answer emails received from the “Ask a Current Student” portal in the PHSC Student Ambassador website.
- Staff information tables at First Look Fair, Maryland Day and other selected SPH events.
- Participate in at least three SEIPH service events per semester.
- Serve as encouraging role models and advocates of higher education to accepted students.
- Participate in special events as needed.
PHSC Student Ambassador Application Process:
We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2021 --Fall 2021 academic year. For best consideration, submit your application by December 20, 2020.
For more information about the PHSC Student Ambassador Program, contact Jessica Moore-Solórzano.