Accelerate your career by earning two degrees (BS/MPH or BS/MHA) in less time
Advance your career through this accelerated program allowing select students from any of our four bachelor's degree programs (Family Science, Community Health, Kinesiology and Public Health Science) to earn their undergraduate and master's degrees together. Students can count 12 credits of our MPH and MHA core course curriculum at the undergraduate level (as elective credits) and enter any of our nine MPH concentrations (including the MHA degree).
- Students interested in an MPH without a GRE requirement
- Students looking for a small MPH cohort
- Students looking to save money
- Students looking save time
- Science and Policy Fellow
- Capacity Building Research Analyst
- Assistant Director, Health Promotion & Wellness Services
- Health Communication Fellow
- Program Consultant
- Communications Specialist
Accepted students will have the opportunity to complete undergraduate requirements as determined by their program and begin graduate coursework during their fourth year. Entry into the BS-MPH program is not guaranteed, even for qualified students, as the number of seats available is limited.
The accelerated program allows select students from any of our four BS degree programs: Family Science, Community Health, Kinesiology, and Public Health Science to double-count 12 credits of our MPH and MHA core course curriculum at the undergraduate level and enter any of our nine MPH concentrations (including the MHA degree)
- Behavioral and Community Health (online option available)
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Health Equity
- Health Policy Analysis and Evaluation
- Physical Activity
- Public Health Practice and Policy (Online)
Students may apply for the program in their junior year. Applications are due in February.
Students must be majors in one of the four SPH BS degree programs (Family Science, Community Health, Kinesiology, and Public Health Science) with an overall minimum GPA of 3.5. Students must have completed a majority of their undergraduate degree requirements and prove a record of strong academic progress and experience within the degree program. Students with these qualifications are invited to submit a statement of purpose essay, two letters of recommendation (academic and/or professional), a resume, a recent unofficial copy of their UMCP transcript and a BS/MPH degree plan developed in collaboration with our advising staff.
In addition to the application, the following items are required:
- A statement of purpose essay
- At least two letters of recommendation
- The most recent unofficial copy of your UMCP transcript
- An approved program plan from your Undergraduate Advisor
- A resumé
Applying for the accelerated program is a two-part process, once the application period has opened.
Step 1: Students will complete an Initial Interest Application
Step 2: Students will then be "enrolled" in a Canvas Course designed for all applicants to retrieve and upload their application