Gymkana Summer Camp extends the philosophy of the University of Maryland Gymkana Troupe by providing an opportunity for boys and girls of all abilities to learn gymnastics while promoting healthy, drug-free living. Our camp provides an environment for children to learn and participate in gymnastics regardless of experience level and without the pressure of competition.
Our camp is a day camp that runs from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST. Beginning with a warm-up session, our day is filled with gymnastics and trampoline rotations. Our GymTots also participate in arts and crafts and games. Additionally, recreational swim time is included for all campers.
We are located at Room 1120 (Gymnastics Gym) in the School of Public Health Building on the University of Maryland, College Park campus. 4200 Valley Drive, College Park, MD 20742
Summer Camp Information
- Monday Check-in: 8:30-9:00AM
- Tuesday - Friday Drop-off: 8:45-9:00AM
- Regular Pick-up: 3:45-4:15PM
- Morning Care: 7:45-8:45AM (additional fee)
- After Care: 4:15-5:30PM (additional fee)
Coed ages 5, 6 & 7*
The GymTot Program includes tumbling, select gymnastics apparatuses, trampoline and games to develop fundamental movements and body control.
*Students age 7 who have prior gymnastic experience may enroll in the older groups with special permission.
Ages 8 through 16, all levels welcome.
The Girls Program includes instruction in women's artistic gymnastics apparatuses, tumbling, trampoline, vault, double mini-trampoline, and conditioning.
Ages 8 through 16, all levels welcome.
The Boys Program includes instruction in men's artistic gymnastics apparatuses, tumbling, trampoline, vault, double mini trampoline, and conditioning.
For families needing to drop their campers off before the doors open at 8:45AM or pick-up later than 4:15PM, we offer morning care and after care supervision. Additional fees apply.
For drop-off and pick-up, please park in a numbered metered parking space in front of our building. The first 15 minutes are free of charge, but you must still use the electronic pay station.
Morning Care: M-F, 7:45-8:45AM
After Care: M-F, 4:15-5:30PM
Late pick-up policy : $5 for up to 15 minutes late, then $1 for every additional minute. Late fees will be charged to the family's account and collected before the end of the camp session.
Gymkana is located in the Gymnastics Gym, room 1120, in the School of Public Health building of the University of Maryland, College Park. The street address is:
4200 Valley Drive
College Park, MD 20742
- Packed lunch and drink (vending machines, refrigeration and cooking appliances are not available)
- Extra snacks for snack breaks
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
- Swimsuit, towel, and goggles
- Sunscreen w/ authorization form
- Medications, if any, with ALL required authorization forms
What NOT to bring
- Avoid bringing electronics or valuables. Gymkana is not responsible for lost items.
- Food items that require refrigeration or reheating.
- Medications without required documentation. (See Medications section)
- Session 1: June 20 - 23 (no camp on June 19)
- Session 2: June 26 - 30
- No camp the week of July 3
- Session 3: July 10 - 14
- Session 4: July 17 - 21
- Session 5: July 24 - 28
- Session 6: July 31 - August 4
$345.00 per session
* $280 for Session 1 (June 20 - 23)
Morning Care: $75.00 per week* or $25.00 per day
* $60 for the week of Session 1 (June 20 - 23)
After Care: $75.00 per week* or $25.00 per day
* $60 for the week of Session 1 (June 20 - 23)
Payment, Transfer and Refund Policy:
- A non-refundable minimum deposit of $50 per session, per participant, is due with each session registration. Deposits are applied to the total balance due. A full payment is due prior to the start of the first date of the session.
- Registrations may be transferred to a different session without penalty if space is available.
- Cancellations more than 14 days prior to the start of the session are eligible for a full refund, minus the $50 deposit.
- Cancellations 14 days or less prior to the start of the session are eligible for a 50% refund after the $50 deposit is deducted.
- No refunds will be made for participants who withdraw after the first day of the session. No fee reductions or refunds will apply for late arrivals, early departures, or missed days.
- Late Pick-up Fees
- Campers who are not picked up by the end of the camp day will automatically be enrolled and billed for a single day of After Care ($25/day)
- After Care late pick-up policy: $10 for up to 15 minutes late. $1 for each additional minute late.
Sold out sessions will be indicated on the registration page and a waitlist option will be available. Waitlist registrants are not automatically enrolled or billed upon availability. Registrants will be contacted via automated offer email if an opening becomes available to them. Failure to respond by the requested time in the offer email will result in the cancellation of the waitlist registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Comfortable athletic clothing. Shorts and a t-shirt or leotard are recommended.
- Remember to also pack swimwear and an extra change of clothes.
- Shoes are required for areas outside of our gym. Campers will be barefoot or in socks during gymnastics activities.
- Hair ties for long hair.
- Avoid jewelry, hair pins, and other sharp objects on the body, hair, and clothing.
We are located in the University of Maryland School of Public Health Building, 4200 Valley Drive, College Park, MD. To avoid delays, please arrive as early as you are able between 8:30-9:00AM on the first day of the week.
Prior to arrival:
- Please pay any remaining balance via the online portal.
- Print or submit electronically a copy of the sunscreen authorization form.
- Ensure you have all required documentation if you are bringing ANY medications to camp.
- Do not attend camp if you have any of the following symptoms:
- fever (100.4 F or higher)
- sore throat
- difficulty breathing
- new onset of severe headache
- diarrhea or vomiting
- new loss of taste or smell
What to expect at check-in:
- Check-in will begin outdoors in front of the building unless otherwise directed by Gymkana staff.
- Campers will receive their wristband and group assignment.
- All necessary medications with forms should be submitted during check-in.
No food is provided by Gymkana Summer Camp. Please pack a lunch, snacks, and drinks for your child each day. It is a very active day at Gymkana Summer Camp so bringing extra snacks is highly recommended.
Vending machines, cooking appliances and refrigeration are not available.
Due to scheduled renovations at the indoor facility, all swimming will take place at the Eppley Recreation Center outdoor swimming facility. All campers are restricted to standing depth only and must pass a swim test to be allowed in deeper water. Swim and pool time is non-instructional, but closely monitored by certified lifeguards and our staff. Use of sunscreen during camp will require a sunscreen authorization form.
For morning drop-off between 8:45-9:15AM and afternoon pick-up between 3:45-4:15PM, there is no need to park. Simply pull up in front of our entrance and staff members will be waiting at the curb to assist you. If you require late drop-off (after 9:15AM) or early pick-up (prior to 3:45PM), please notify camp management.
Metered parking spaces are available in front of our building for all other times. The first 15 minutes are free of charge, but you must still register at the electronic pay station.
For the Friday Family Show, a limited access parking permit will be provided.
After 4:15PM, any remaining campers not registered for After Care will be charged the daily rate for After Care.
Parking restrictions may be subject to change without prior notice. Please always review posted signage for parking restrictions enforced by the University of Maryland Department of Transportation. Gymkana is not responsible for any issued citations.
On the last day of each week of camp, we invite parents and families to a demonstration where registered campers can showcase some of the gymnastics skills they have worked on during camp. Showtime will begin at 3:20PM. One limited access parking permit will be provided per camper. Help us cheer on the hard work of our campers!
Additional immunization records are not required to be submitted to Gymkana Summer Camp if:
- The camper currently resides in the United States, a U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. AND
- The camper has received all required immunizations, without any exemptions.
If the camper does not reside in the United States, a U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia, OR has any immunization exemptions, an immunization certificate from their medical provider must be submitted prior to participation in Gymkana Summer Camp. Please see the attached MD-896 form if a blank form is needed.
Policies may be subject to change based on State, local and University of Maryland requirements.
If your child is bringing ANY medication (prescription, non-prescription, or emergency) for use during the camp day, please read the following regulations:
- Medications must be in its original packaging.
- Medications must not be expired.
- The Medication Administration Authorization Form must be completed and signed by the prescribing doctor for EACH medication. Forms submitted for school are also acceptable, provided that the dates are still valid.
- If a medication is an inhaler for asthma, an Asthma Action Plan Form must also be completed and signed by the prescribing doctor.
- In the case of emergency allergy medications such as epinephrine (i.e. EpiPen) and/or antihistamine, an Allergy Action Plan Form must also be completed and signed by the prescribing doctor.
Submit all medications and relevant forms at check-in for camp. Forms may also be submitted in advance online via your account portal.
**Gymkana Summer Camp legally cannot accept any medications that are expired, not in original packaging, or without all required documentation. Due to safety concerns, campers that require emergency medications may not be permitted to participate in Gymkana Summer Camp without all required authorization forms and action plans.**