Physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all people throughout our local and global communities.
To promote and protect the health and well-being of the diverse communities throughout Maryland, the nation, and the world through leadership and collaboration in interdisciplinary education, research, practice, and public policy.
Our 2018-2023 Strategic Plan
Building on a historical perspective and the state of current affairs, our 2018-2023 Strategic Plan outlines the major goals and initiatives that will direct our efforts and support our mission as the Mid-Atlantic region’s largest public school of public health at a leading land grant research university.
Read the UMD School of Public health 2018—2023 Strategic Plan.
The School is committed to a set of core values that guide our work, our engagement with one another, and our service to communities and stakeholders.
- A commitment to integrity, respect, and the ethical principles of public health practice
- The pursuit of discovery
- Innovation in our thinking and actions
- A dedication to social justice
- The achievement of health equity, elimination of health disparities, and attainment of health literacy
- Honoring the principles of diversity and inclusion
- Social responsibility as central in our actions
- Sustainability as a core principle in our work
- A celebration of lifelong learning
Goal 1: Develop and mentor the next generation of public health leaders.
Goal 2: Lead and translate innovative research into real world public health solutions.
Goal 3: Create and grow sustainable partnerships that engage communities.
Goal 4: Accelerate and transform the school's role as an innovative leader.
Goal 5: Foster and invest in a culture of excellence.