This merit based award, given each spring, will recognize a junior, Public Health Science student who demonstrates research excellence and the potential or ability to translate health-related research in clinical or community applications.
Award Amount: $2,000
Nomination Deadline: 3/5/19
All eligible students must be:
- A Public Health Science major
- Of junior status (~30 credits or one more year of study remaining)
- Currently active or recently active (within past 12 months) in a research lab (academic, industrial and/or government, e.g. county, state or federal)
Please note: Reception of course credit for the research experience is not considered in the eligibility process
Each nomination packet must include the following, which should address the selection criteria above:
- Letter of nomination
- Description of student's research accomplishments
- Statement of research contributions (must be from lab director or project PI)
Please note: A student may self-nominate. The letter of nomination and statement of research contribution can be the same letter if submitted by the lab director or PI.
Responsibilities of Awardee(s):
Award recipient(s) will be expected to provide a written thank you letter to the award donors, attend a meeting with the donors, and/or attend the School of Public Health Annual Convocation.