In order for current UMD students to declare public health science as your major, the first step is to complete a Change of Major Workshop.
Registration for the workshops opens one month before they are scheduled to take place and tend to fill quickly. To maximize your chance of securing a spot in one of the workshops listed below, we recommend that you check the appointment system 30 days before the date of the workshop that you want to attend.
- The Public Health Change of Major Workshop is conducted via an asynchronous ELMS (Canvas) online course.
- Students are given access to the course by 1 p.m. on the day of the workshop, and have 24 hours (one full day) to complete the modules.
- There is no required live meeting for the PHSC Change of Major Workshop.
- In the case that you no longer plan to complete a workshop you have registered for, we ask you to please cancel your reservation so that another student can register for the spot.
- In order to formally declare Public Health Science as your major, you must sign up for and attend a (live, online) Academic Plan Workshop that takes place after, but within the same term as the Change of Major workshop.
Change of Major Workshops
|Tuesday, February 9|
|Wednesday, February 17|
|Friday, February 26|
|Tuesday, March 2|
|Friday, March 5|
|Wednesday, March 10|
|Tuesday, March 23|
|Friday, March 26|
|Wednesday, April 7|
|Tuesday, April 13|
|Friday, April 23|
|Tuesday, April 27|
|Friday, April 30|
|Wednesday, May 5|
Change of Major Q&A
You are not required to meet individually with a Public Health Science advisor before you complete the Change of Major process, but you may have questions after you complete the modules. In the meantime, see how you can talk to a Public Health Science Advisor via online text chat or drop-in Zoom advising. See details on our web page for Virtual Advising Services.