Our mission is to facilitate the translation of public health science into policy and change through meaningful stakeholder partnerships and effective civic engagement. We provide a platform for students to discover their passion and engage with the campus and their communities, inclusive of faculty and staff engagement.
PHACE focuses on four foundational pillars:
- Innovation: creating new and exciting ways for students and the local community to get involved with civic engagement.
- Community Service &Collaboration: volunteering in the community through partnerships with other organizations.
- Education: keeping the student body informed and educated on current events and the latest concerns in public health.
- Leadership: facilitating opportunities for students to develop leadership skills, professional networking, career development, research, and internships.
- PHACE Gun Violence Prevention General Body Meeting: Phace members gathered to learn about the status of Gun Violence in the US and current gun control and discuss the impact of gun violence on society and opportunities for activism to prevent gun violence.
- Immigration, Migration and Refugees: PHACE members gathered to discuss the current state and impact of immigration in the US and current policies.
- General Body Meetings (GBMs): Students are welcome to join us to discuss current concerns such as Women's Health and Politics, Opioid Addiction, and Gun Violence
- Leadership Forums
- Voters Registration Events: These events include information sessions about the voter registration process and running candidates. PHACE is a completely bipartisan organization. We operate through a partnership with Terp Votes.