The mission of HPMSA is to strengthen students’ personal and professional skills by fostering networking opportunities, organizing public health events, and building relationships with each other and the broader community. Members join committees aligned with their interests, and are encouraged to partake in campus activities, community outreach, social events, mentoring, and other networking opportunities.
Eligibility & Membership Requirements
All graduate students in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the University of Maryland, College Park are eligible for membership.
- NAHSE Baltimore Chapter's Annual Educational Conference, Co-sponsor (August 5, 2016)
- Dimensions Healthcare System’s Heart Healthy Bike Tour - Helped with participant registration and served lunch.
- Tech in Public Health - Organized a public forum to learn about the advancement of public health technology.
- Maryland Day - Educated the UMD community about the Affordable Care Act.
- Terps Against Hunger - Helped package non-perishable meals to be delivered to local families in need.
- Rich Hill Film - Helped organize the screening as a part of National Public Health Week.
- A Wider Circle - Helped organize items and place them in the showroom for families in need to take for their home.
- ACHE Regent Dennis Pullin Lecture and Lunch
Marque Long, President
Fabian Donate, Vice President
Sohil Paravantavida, Treasurer/Community Service Chair
Courtney Cann, Secretary
For more information, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org, HPMSA main email